One Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «

Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris

One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011

Bidding Farewell [[Open]]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Royalty
Title: Infanta

Bidding Farewell [[Open]] Empty
PostSubject: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:40 am

Because of you. . .
My heart can't possibly break. . .

"So when are you leaving?"

"In a few weeks, honey."

That was the sad truth. He wasn't staying for a few weeks, he was staying for a few hours. It wasn't even two days, and the Duke decided to bid his daughter goodbye. This had pained her, this had annoyed her, and yet, there was nothing she could do about it. They were standing now, not by the castle but somewhere outside of it. A carriage was to meet her father here, she didn't understand why it couldn't simply pick him up at the castle, where they normally do. She didn't want to ask either, and she felt so low for feeling so sour.

"I'm so sorry, darling dear, but I must go. Errands are calling for me." She must've been wearing that sad expression clearly on her face, as her father actually apologized for leaving early. He was glancing at the watch on his hand, and Brielle pouted. She didn't mean to act so spoiled, and collected herself together. At least he did visit her, right? Even if it wasn't for her, even if it was just for the ball, he did so visit her.

"It's all right, father, I understand." She told him, glancing into his face. He nodded, a smile appearing and she couldn't help but smile back. Father and daughter, once reunited were now being separated but both of them didn't seem to mind. Brielle minded, she minded a lot but she got rid of the thoughts. She watched as her step-mother ordered servants around the place with her luggage. Though they only stayed for a few days, the luggage that they brought were numerous.

"Brielle, sweety!" Her step mother said, her voice high pitched yet sophisticated. It wasn't that sweet serene voice you'd expect from a woman like Beatrice to have. "Come over here, dearest, and give mother a warm hug goodbye." She acted as though they were part of a normal family. It was strange to say that they were, kind of, and at the same time they weren't. Brielle smiled, leaving her father to hug her step mother. They both embraced and Brielle could feel the warmth of the woman's pale skin.

"Now remember, honey, to take your medications daily. The doctors can't nag me enough about them." Her step-mother always had a problem with procrastination once it came towards pills and checkups, but she got through them. It was odd to watch her step-mother remind her about these things, usually she didn't care. "We had just refilled your inventory." Brielle nodded, thanking the upper class woman. It was timing that the carriages had arrived right after. One was for luggage, the other was for her parents.

She bid them both farewell as they hopped into their carriages, both of them smiling as they did so. Townsfolk came and bid their goodbyes as well.

. . .I never stray too far from the sidewalk
. . .When it wasn't even whole to start with.
Back to top Go down
Rodyn
Elite Member

Character Profile
Class: Cleric
Title: Monk

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:38 am

(I think I'm going to start calling you kair-bear from now on~)

His hair was still wet from the quick shower he had taken after changing out of his formal clothing, back to his normal wayfarer clothing. He kept shaking his hair, running his hand through his hair before he was finally happy with how the sun was drying his hair. Taking the last piece of clothing he had from his backpack, he wrapped his head up in it, putting away his backpack for the meantime.

Stopping for a moment in the roadway, he brought a hand up to his chin, scratching it momentarily. Rodyn had some very strange encounters with the king as of late, and he found the man to be very strange in the way he did things, and performed his duties. Rodyn could not tell what the man's true intentions were; was he a good person or bad?

As his thoughts lingered on the past, he saw someone in a crowd of people not too far away. It was Brielle. He smiled, making his way over to her. He was planning on leaving in a day's time or two, so he figured he'd better go say his goodbyes to her.

Making his way to her, he had to side step around a carriage to get to her, tapping her on the right shoulder. Her back was to him, so all he could see was that she was waving goodbye to the carriage, so he figured it might've been the king or someone off on a trip somewhere.

"Mornin' Brielle! What's going on around here?" He tried to sound bright and chip, figuring he'd give the girl a bright morning greeting, to match the way this day was starting off.
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:58 am

[{Kair-bear? lawl, why? xD I like it haha...I should call you Sock Monkey Razz}]

"Mornin' Brielle! What's going on around here?" Seeing a familiar face immediately put her back into a good mood. She turned towards Rodyn, meeting those amazing goldenish eyes that she had been accustomed to. She curtsied, a ladylike thing to do once meeting someone before greeting him. The carriage had now disappeared into the roads, and almost blended in to the numerous rows of carriers. Brielle had her attention on Rodyn, however and didn't turn her head to look at where the horse led mobile was.

"Good morning, Rodyn." She said, a cheery smile on her face. It was good to have enjoyable company once family had just left. "My parents had just left to go back home." She informed him, speaking of a city not too far from here. It was the domain her family had led, quite a small town to be in fact. Although quite tiny, not many knew her there either. Only a select few and her family members knew the existence of the young infanta and her parents could be blamed for that. She didn't really notice that however, until they lost their respect for her.

"How have you been since the ball?" She asked him, losing focus on the fact that her parents had just left. She wondered why she wasn't that timid or shy when she was with Rodyn but once she met other people she barely spoke and instead stuttered almost nonsense items. If not she acted just too proper and prim, something expected of her. With Rodyn, she could be casual and she liked that. She would never admit that to her parents, however.

She didn't really find him after the promenade. Since she had been evacuated to her room though the threat wasn't inside the castle, she never got to enjoy everything. She did though, have a nice late dinner with freshly cooked meat and other delicious food to make up for the dinner she didn't eat. Her parents had themselves evacuated also, but they went back to enjoying the party without calling for there daughter. She didn't mind as she felt left out and was quite contented with her late dinner.
Back to top Go down
Rodyn
Elite Member

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:34 am

Seeing her happy smiling face gave him joy. The girl genuinely seemed to enjoy his company, something he was growing accustomed to. Too accustomed to... but he didn't let those kind of thoughts linger in his head. Rodyn found it a bit odd that the girl didn't seem sad her parents were leaving, but he wasn't one to judge. Rather, he took in the joy of her smile, letting it brighten his day even more.

"Oh, wish I had a chance to wish them good luck on their journey. At least the roads they're traveling on are safe." He rubbed his chin a moment, and then faced the direction of the chariot. A smile appeared on his face, and he turned his head to Brielle, nodding att her for a moment. He turned his head to the sky for a moment, lifted his hands in the air, and mumbled something.

Bringing his hands back down, he turned back to Brielle and placed his hands at his sides.

"Hafne malit dogad Luminos salef. It is a blessing the monks in Luminos' order grant each other when going on a journey. Not sure what tongue it came from, but hey, its kept me safe so far, huh?"

Blinking a moment, Rodyn then pondered a bit on her question of the events after the ball.

"I've been... conflicted, since the ball. I have seen many strange things in my travels, but nothing like what I had seen that night. I.. don't wish to talk of that night any further, though. Other than that, I've been doing fine. No troubles at all."

Rubbing his left hand with his right, he flexed his fingers a moment, then returned his attention to Brielle. He had sought her company to make his day go by a bit better, so he decided he should do just that.

"Say, can I take you back to the castle? There's not really much to. Do around here, and I need to kill sometime. Unless.. you don't have to return right away?"

Waiting for her answer, he saw as people started to dissappear from the farewell crowd, only some of them lingering behind, shooting some looks back and forth between Brielle and him. He had almost forgotten she was an infanta, and he honestly didn't know if he was offending anyone by talking to Brielle the way he did. In short, though, he didn't care if he was. He knew she was happy with the way things were between them, and he was just fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:01 am

"Hafne malit dogad Luminos salef. It is a blessing the monks in Luminos' order grant each other when going on a journey. Not sure what tongue it came from, but hey, its kept me safe so far, huh?"

"That's an interesting phrase." She said, wondering what language it did originate from. She never heard of such words though Malit meant mountain in Albanian. Perhaps it was some native tongue for monks. She did just notice though that Rodyn was a monk and she wondered exactly what traditions they had and other things they had to do. She was simply curious but decided just to look into it later. She didn't want to ask him anything right now.

"I've been... conflicted, since the ball. I have seen many strange things in my travels, but nothing like what I had seen that night. I.. don't wish to talk of that night any further, though. Other than that, I've been doing fine. No troubles at all."

"It was that think, King Vergil announced, isn't it?" She whispered. She wondered exactly what it was but she didn't want to find out. It was probably something horrendous as his face had stiffened when he said that. She had tried to come up with a picture, was it a mutation? It probably was big...enormous...double the size of most humans. That was her theory though, and she didn't know if it was true.

"Say, can I take you back to the castle? There's not really much to. Do around here, and I need to kill sometime. Unless.. you don't have to return right away?"

"I don't mind. If you're not busy I guess you can." She said, smiling softly. He was going to take her to the castle? She could always go with the guards, but somehow him asking her was rare. The people were leaving now and she had decided it was time to go as well.

"After...would you care to have some tea?"
Back to top Go down
Rodyn
Elite Member

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:47 pm

Rodyn put on a big grin on his face after she accepted his offer, walking to her side, and facing towards the castle.

"Tea? Sure, that sounds nice. Let's be off then, huh?"

As he walked with her, he made a point of looking around, trying to get a grasp of the city still. Every time he walked through it, it was as if he were walking through it for the very first time. Buildings were always changing, different people always came and went, it was a very enriched city, filled with all sorts of culture.

They eventually entered the main part of the city, in an area not too far away from where they first met. It brought up fond memories of that day, and he was glad that day had played out the way it did. He watched as people sold their wares, and performers performing whatever their heart's desire was, peddling for some money as best as they could.

As they walked through the streets, they came across some circus performers, who were just practicing some feats outside for a big show they were planning on having that night. Rodyn stopped for a moment, turning to look at them. He was intrigued with the way they moved; it wasn't too different from when he had to travel quickly somewhere.

"You ever been to a circus, Brielle? I've never been to one myself, but I've seen acrobats performing in different places. It's always amazed me how the body can move in such different ways."

It made him want to run freely through a forest, watching the circus folk perform, but he held off on that want for now. A wanderer's life was really for him; he never knew if he'd ever be able to settle down in one place. In fact, his time here in Kreine was the longest he'd ever stay in one settlement before. He was satisfied with that, though. It wasn't a terrible place to stay in, at all.
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:13 am

"Tea? Sure, that sounds nice. Let's be off then, huh?"

They started to walk around afterwards, and Brielle started to notice just how well patterned the city was. Even though she has just been here possibly only two times, it still was enough for her to see how keen things were in place. It was modern too, unlike the cities and towns she had seen in fairy tale books and history stories and works of arts. It was nice to look around, seeing street venders doing selling objects and other various items.

As they strolled casually through the thoroughfare, they had come across a traveling act. They seemed like circus performers and her eyes lit up due to the sudden curiousness and excitement. Her parents had hired circus performers to perform on a private family party years before. Though she was but a child, she could remember their beautiful costumes and detailed props that they had used. They executed such a lovely performance, it made such a big impact on the crowd.

"You ever been to a circus, Brielle? I've never been to one myself, but I've seen acrobats performing in different places. It's always amazed me how the body can move in such different ways"

"I've never been to a circus either, though I also have seen the performers." She said, with a smile. She also wondered how circus tents could be folded into such a compact size and then be brought throughout the places without much trouble. "Yes, their flexibility is indeed amazing." She smiled, wondering just how their muscles could bend and work with their bones and bodies in such a manner.
Back to top Go down
Rodyn
Elite Member

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:56 am

He clapped when they finished, even though they weren't really performing. Taking the leave oof the area,Rodyn made his way towards the castle once more, the circus tricks still fresh in his mind. He picked up the pace a bit, realizing Brielle might be tired from having to get up early to see her parents off.

The whole situation still confused him, but he figured he might ask her about it later. Not too long after he thought about how hed ask her, they arrived at the road leading to the castle. Rodyn stopped for a moment, taking a breath before he did. This was his first time back, and he wasn't sneaking in either.

"Is it okay for me to just walk in with you? I mean.. People like me don't usually just go strolling into a castle, a princess at his side, right?"

He suddenly laughed, listening to what he really said. It all sounded too funny to him, it was so bizzare. Still, that's never stopped him from doing something before, and he wasn't about to let it stop him now,

"I guess you better lead the way now, huh? I'll be right behind you the whole time."
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:24 am

[[Continue in the castle??]]
Back to top Go down
Rodyn
Elite Member

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:22 pm

(Sounds good. I'll let you make the topic whenever you're ready.)
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:27 pm

[[Exit]]

[http://onesky.heavenforum.org/ballroom-dining-f72/tea-time-prodyn-t276.htm#3283]
Back to top Go down
Rodyn
Elite Member

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 8:11 am

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bidding Farewell [[Open]]   Bidding Farewell [[Open]] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bidding Farewell [[Open]]
Page 1 of 1