One Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «

Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris

One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011

Looking Out [[Open]]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Royalty
Title: Infanta

Looking Out [[Open]] Empty
PostSubject: Looking Out [[Open]]   Looking Out [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:57 am

Everything that it seems
Is inches from my Reach

It was early morning, a few minutes after the sun had just come up. The skies were still painted with that rich blend of orange, yellow, and sky blue as light flashed over the young infanta. She stood there on the balcony the only place she dared to go to. She had no guts to open the windows, as somehow she knew that the King liked keeping the palace dark. She was okay with that, she was used to it but she liked seeing the sunlight once in a while.

The day was honestly seeming to turn out fine. Just yesterday she had been released from her parent's captivity meant that her parents were released from the stress of keeping a child. She never knew that that would honestly happen as they tried so hard to have her. It just comes to show that only her original mother did want her, as the rest of her family kept her behind.

She wasn't exactly depressed about that anymore. Something about this castle gave her a new aroma, a new reason for something. It gave her a sense of individuality. As she stood there this early in the morning she knew that something was going to happen eventually. She couldn't stay here forever and her parents have been telling her that she would be isolated.

Her smile was beautiful as it came out naturally. She had no time to paint her face and she had not wished to do that. Indeed, she looked beautiful without make up and she thought that covering up her face was just silly. Her step-mother, though, thought otherwise and would force Brielle with looking so fake and too presentable. She had never really rebelled though, being the submissive person she is.

She was indeed a bit plain today, wearing only a light yellow gown with a beautiful pink sash around it. Her shoes were a comfortable pair of pink heels. Her hair was worn down straight and was still a bit wet from the shower she took a few minutes ago. She felt good looking presentable yet simple at the same time, it made her a bit awe-struck.

Her hands tightened her grip on the balcony railings as she watched the birds fly out. Their wings were heavenly and delicate and they seemed to leave a beautiful trail as they soared across the sky. It was peculiar of someone to be so fascinated by something so small, but Brielle was still ignorant about the outside world and watching birds fly out were almost rare for her.

She had no plans of getting out of the castle today though, and she didn't know if she wanted to go out ever. She didn't want to leave the safe abode and she was accustomed to being shielded and hidden from the cruel intentions of society. She herself didn't even look forward to the arrange marriage that was supposed to happen in the future.

Someday you'll marry a nice handsome prince —She had remembered her step-mother telling her this. She hissed silently by the thought. Who honestly cared if she was to get married to royalty and step her rank up? She didn't really give a darn about any prince who would come along. She shook her head as she gazed out to the sky.

"Someday I'll have the courage to speak for myself." She whispered.

And then she got the idea, in order to speak for herself now, she'd have to start by being daring. Her eyes closed as she got up the courage to adventure outside the castle. She smiled as she walked out of the castle gates. Everything felt so new to her. Slowly she coughed into a white hanky embroidered with her initials.

Brielle walked as far as town. Since it was still early only a few people were up and about. A few turned their heads to see this new young maiden. Brielle was still a bit shocked on how serene the town was. Her eyes were wide open as people were doing what their everyday jobs. Something so small seemed to fascinate her.

"Oh wow..." She said as she walked a bit more, observing whoever came and did the chore they were assigned to do. People who were so ordinary to other people were extraordinary for her. She smiled giggling softly as she had fun watching her show. She wasn't rude and didn't stop to observe one person, she walked the street looking at the other townsfolk.

For once in her life she had felt complete freedom

I'm Looking Out Now
I'm not Scared

Back to top Go down
Rodyn
Elite Member

Character Profile
Class: Cleric
Title: Monk

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out [[Open]]   Looking Out [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:05 pm

)I'm totally going to invade your topic now. Consider yourself..invaded.(

It had been months since the wanderer had last seen this land, let alone this city. Were it not for the fact that he had been growing restless and tired traversing the range of the Elita Mountains, he would've never returned back to this city to gather supplies for his next journey.

As always, the city is bustling and live with activity. It's almost serene.. in a strange sort of active sense. Stopping over a well to gather himself a drink, he lowered the shroud covering the tanned features of his face. Despite all the wear and tear he'd gone through traveling, his face kept a fair sense about it, making it almost seem like he'd never seen a day's hard work in his entire life.

As he filled up up his canteens and replaced them back in his bag, he took a moment to stand up straight and dared a look around the city. Still, people were busy, yet one young lady caught his eye. He tilted his head to side, deciding that he'd never seen such a person walking about the town before. Was she new here? Or perhaps it was just a young girl who had just matured into her beauty.

Still, something about her caused him to keep his attention on her. Her mannerisms were different from everyone else around her, and she was basically the only one that wasn't either working or playing. She was doing the same thing he was doing; observing. Rodyn was so busy observing her, he hadn't noticed that she was about to walk right past him, and possibly even notice him staring at her. Thinking on it for a moment, he realized how rude he might have appeared to her.

Picking up his things, he backed away a bit, almost as if he were allowing her to pass.

"Forgive me. I had not intended to stare at you so. By your leave, I shall now take your leave."

He blinked once as he listened to his own response. A bit formal for a girl as young as her, wasn't it? Yet in his mind, it seemed to correct way to address this girl.
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out [[Open]]   Looking Out [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 am

"Forgive me. I had not intended to stare at you so. By your leave, I shall now take your leave."

Said someone who she had not met before, quite obviously. The man looked a bit older than her, and a bit as though he didn't quite fit in. Comparing his appearance to the rest of the townsfolk he looked rather foreign, as though he's been around. Brielle blushed. Having someone admit that they were staring, at her quite surprisingly, just made her a bit nervous.

She didn't know how to respond. Was he staring at her in a good way, or a bad way? She wasn't used to receiving attention from anyone outside any castle she's ever been in. Being talked to by an unfamiliar face didn't worry her, it was a new feeling though that she felt. It was an alien feeling, a bit joyous but awkward. She didn't know what to call it or what she felt.

"Oh no, it's all right." She said, rather shyly. She didn't know if he wanted to stay around or if she wanted him to leave. Perhaps he was familiar with the town or he was just a passerby. He didn't look as though he was going to rob her or anything. Now that she was off track from where she was going (though she had no idea where she wanted to go in the first place), she realized that she was a bit lost.

She wasn't ready to go back to the castle though. Not, not just yet. She was still a bit ready to explore, even though that was off character for her. She wasn't exactly the adventurous type and she knew she was probably forcing herself to get out the castle for she was intimidated by the King. There was something about him that gave her chills whenever she saw him. Perhaps it was because of his authority or the aura he gave. Or maybe it was because of the trust her parents gave him. It was probably though, just an odd feeling she had around him.

"Honestly, I am quite lost and unsure of where to go." She blurted out in a way that seemed mannered. She smiled shyly and blushed a bit more as she wondered if it was all right to tell a complete stranger that. She had took classes with her parents about socializing and she was not quite sure it worked probably because of her lack of experience.

Needless to say, she was feeling uncomfortable with herself.
Back to top Go down
Rodyn
Elite Member

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out [[Open]]   Looking Out [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:59 am

"R..Right. Sorry. I'm not from around here, I just didn't want to offend you in anyway."

Wrapping his pouch around his back, he stood straight up covered his right elbow with his left hand, watching and listening to her as she spoke. He noticed how still she felt like she was out of place. Perhaps she was a run away slave? He thought it best not to ask any questions, but he did need to find out where she would want to go.

It was then she mentioned that she was lost, and a bit unsure of where to go. He smiled a bit at hearing that. Often, he had those feelings himself. Not unusual for a wanderer. With that, he nodded and kept the smile on his face for a moment longer. Resting both his hands on his hips now, he leaned one foot against the well as he bent down and picked up a stick.

"You don't have anywhere in particular where you want to go, right? This is a nice little trick some of us do when we're unsure of where to go."

Pointing the stick at a crossroads, he nodded over to it and flicked the stick slightly up into the air, so that it would spin circularly for a while.

"We'll let the stick decided where to go. ...Ah, to the west it is then."

Pushing up off the fountain, he looked down at the girl and nodded to her. He motioned for her to lead the way, while he fixed everything back to himself. He kept his shroud wrapped around his shoulders as a scarf.

"My name's Rodyn, I'm a traveling Monk. I'll accompany you as far as you wish me to."

It was clear to Rodyn that perhaps she hadn't expected any company, but he couldn't just leave her there to fend for herself. The moment she asked him to leave, though, he would do just that. He also made a point of not asking her name, as he wanted her to do things at her own pace.

"Lead the way then, my lady.
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out [[Open]]   Looking Out [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:15 am

"R..Right. Sorry. I'm not from around here, I just didn't want to offend you in anyway."

"No, really. It's all right." Brielle told him, sure that it wasn't a problem anymore. She was taken aback at first, but it wasn't that much of a big deal this time than it was a few seconds ago. The feeling had sunken in and she was just a bit used to him talking to her.

"You don't have anywhere in particular where you want to go, right? This is a nice little trick some of us do when we're unsure of where to go."

Her eyes watched as the stick started spinning, pointing to a random direction. Brielle was a definitely fascinated by this. She had never heard of someone who used a stick to direct where they wanted to go. Perhaps randomness lead people's life sometimes. She respected that since she never got to lead her life with randomness, ever.

"We'll let the stick decided where to go. ...Ah, to the west it is then."

She was quite aware of that but it still felt much more affirmed when he said it. It was as though he was confirming that the direction that the stick was pointing to was where fate allowed them to go. West, though she was educated she had no idea how to simply tell the direction by looking at the sky or any landmark. She was impressed with this man.

He motioned for her to lead the way and she started walking, wondering if he was trailing after her. She was wondering what the west brought them. She smiled a bit excited and scared at the same time. Now she knew that she was definitely not adventurous. The feeling it brought her wasn't pleasant at all but she still forced herself to go on.

"My name's Rodyn, I'm a traveling Monk. I'll accompany you as far as you wish me to."

"Nice to meet you, Rodyn." Brielle said with a small smile. She wasn't sure if they were supposed to shake hands or not, since the guy didn't seem to be that type she guessed it wasn't necessary. Smiling softly she introduced herself, "My name is Brielle."

She was pretty sure that he wouldn't recognize the name. Perhaps if she mentioned her parents he'd know her as the infanta who survived birth. She wasn't exactly sure she wanted him to know, she didn't mind if he recognized her though.

"Lead the way then, my lady."

She nodded as they continued to walk.
Back to top Go down
Rodyn
Elite Member

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out [[Open]]   Looking Out [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:49 am

He noticed her nervousness, tilting his head a bit. He knew it wasn't him she was nervous of.. she had no problems talking with him. Then he thought back, many year ago, when he had taken his first step out of that monastery. That first step is always symbolic of your first step of adventure, for the first time you knew you were going to decide what you were going to do with your life. Rodyn wasn't quite sure if this was Brielle's problem or not, but he trailed along behind her for a while, encouraging her to walk forward.

In silence, they walked together for a while. Rodyn eventually moved up to walk up to her side, and even taking a slight step ahead, to make sure they wouldn't side track themselves off of the trail.

Not that there was much to the trail, to begin with. For a good long while, they'd be in the city. To the West would lead towards the market area, the bazaar they liked to call it in this city. Rodyn slowed his steps down a bit, to stand at the side of the quiet girl who seemed to be marveling at the houses they passed by, and the sights of early morning rituals the people performed. Cleaning out their yards, children just waking up and meeting outside to run around in circles.

"The people of this city are hard working, I've never seen a lazy body here. Everyone's always up and about, performing one ask or the next. In fact.. oh, hang on a moment." Rodyn motioned for Brielle to stop walking for a moment, as he rushed his way over to a house where an older woman had dropped her broom. She had bent over to pick it up, but couldn't seem to reach the broom.

"Let me get that for you." With a smile, the older woman stood up straight and retrieved the broom from Rodyn, who placed the sweeping tool in her hand. Nodding to her, he stepped backwards to make sure she was alright, and went back to Brielle. Rodyn was the type of guy who always went out of the way to help someone he saw that was in need, but never enough to overcrowd them.

Reaching Brielle, he continued to walk, making sure she followed along as well. "Think that stick led us to the right path?" He smiled momentarily, as he turned his head to the bazaar that was just up ahead.

)I'll leave it up to you if you want to just continue the RP in here or if you want to make a new thread in the Bazaar.(
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out [[Open]]   Looking Out [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:19 am

"The people of this city are hard working, I've never seen a lazy body here. Everyone's always up and about, performing one ask or the next." He finally spoke up after a few moments of awkward silence. They were trailing around in the market and he was right, everybody was busy.

Though she's only be out for a couple of minutes now, she indeed could confirm this. She knew they wouldn't be up and about just for her and Rodyn. This was indeed the villagers' everyday lives and they did this as their daily routine. It fascinated her that people could go about their lives like this without having to be served. She adored the fact that they had independence, a practice she has yet to fulfill.

"I can see that." She said in awe, with a smile plastered unto her face. If she was the queen of this kingdom, she would definitely praise each one of the villagers. It made her happy to think, to know that the King was doing a good job of running the place. She was a bit envious that he could be so responsible with these people and it turned out to have a good result.

"In fact.. oh, hang on a moment."

He went off to pick up a broom an older woman dropped. Brielle paused to watch him as he picked it up for her. Rodyn was a kind-hearted person she said, evaluating him. She judged him fairly as a kind helper, someone possibly like Robin Hood minus the violence. She didn't exactly know if he was violent or not, but judging on what she had seen so far he wasn't. She smiled, thinking that he would be a good friend for her and he could perhaps share a few values.

He had returned her side and they continued to walk. She slightly trailed behind but she quickened her pace to catch up with him. She enjoyed his company, she had observed. Perhaps she was starting to branch out for once and she kind of like that.

"Think that stick led us to the right path?" He asked her, smiling. She didn't quite understand. Was there a right path and a wrong path? Would there ever be two directions? If this was the right path would the wrong one be much worse? And if this is the wrong path what would the right one be like? She questioned his question before replying.

"I'm not exactly sure. We'll find out, soon enough." She answered politely as they had reached the Bazaar.

[Do you wanna start the topic in the Bazaar or continue here?]
Back to top Go down
Rodyn
Elite Member

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out [[Open]]   Looking Out [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:21 am

)I'll make the topic in the bazaar.(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking Out [[Open]]   Looking Out [[Open]] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking Out [[Open]]
Page 1 of 1