One Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «

Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris

One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011

Just North of Daina

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

Just North of Daina - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:54 pm

I've opened my eyes
Seen the world for what its worth

He could tell that his stance had put her in an awkward position. Not one of his intentions but he always tried to do what he thought was right, even if it cost him in the long run. She apolgized for her comment about slave-holding and he nodded. "Its okay." he said quietly, still slightly offended by it. He had frightened her so he took a step back and placed his hands in his pockets. Attempting to weaken the barrier between them.

He remained silent in thought for a few minutes. He knew what he had asked would require a bit of thinking from her, but he didn't want to make this take any longer then it had to. He watched her move the plate of meat away from the flames and nodded as she began speaking. His face lit up but then quickly hardened. "Take your time. I will find you a horse." He said confidently. "I meet you at dawn. South gate." He said again making sure she met it. "Bring your things, i'll find you a horse." He said plainly. "See you then." he said as he rose his hood and left the building, not another word out of him.

The door closed quietly behind him as he took the reins of his huge steed. He clicked his tongue. "Come on." he told the horse as he pulled it with him and made his way back across town to the Staff and Song. The feeling that hung in the street was gone now. But who knew where it lie now. It could be ahead of him on the path to come, waiting for him. He remained on edge as he passed through town, a few lanterns lit the streets but other then that it was quiet. He tied his horse to the fence outside the Staff and Song and went back inside. "I need another horse." he said as he opened the door, knowing Pious stood at the door now, he had to at these late hours couldn't just let anyone stay for the night.

"For the woman. By dawn." He said tossing a handful of coins to Pious who nodded, "]Take Stella. She's the grey in the stall. Heart of steel and strong too. She'll be able to keep up with Mandarb." Isaac nodded and made his way back out, heading over to the stall through the light snow and holding the torch in his hand to examine the horses. He approached the horse Pious identified as Stella. She was large and built for speed, but in no means was she a war horse. She would do well. He took the reins and the beast wickered shaking his head and pulling against him. "Easy." he spoke softly, and the horse listened. Most elves could soothe animals easier then humans Isaac was no different.

He led the horse out and gathered Mandarbs reins as well heading across town to the shop to gather supplies. The trek would be hard, and he needed as much as he could get. He had nearly nothing of use, fortunately, Isaac was one of the richer people in the world. However he rarely paid in full. He had a way of convincing others to lower prices for him. He smiled entering the shop, within a few minutes he exited, arms full as he began to pack Mandarbs pack.

Tears rain down from the sky
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile
Class: Warrior
Title: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Eruraina nodded at his words, all of a sudden feeling like a weight had been placed on her shoulders. She didn't say another word and remained where she was even after Isaac left. She glanced around at the almost bare walls again, her eyes stopping at the deer head.
"Have I made the right choice?" she asked it, but of course there was no answer. Finally she sat down at the table and ate her supper, her mind going through everything she would have to do before dawn.

When she was done with her meat, she washed her plate, but didn't put it away. She went to the other room and opened the chest. She was used to packing for trips, so she already had everything she needed for a journey. She pulled out a bag and started packing all of her cloths, which wasn't much. And there was still plenty of room in the bag so she packed traveling essentials. Rope was always handy, she packed all of her food and spices. Cooking utensils, and other such things. If they were to big to fit in the bag, there were places where they could be tied to the bag. The whole time she moved slowly, almost sluggishly, asking herself over and over why she was doing this. The only answer she came up with had to do with that stone he pulled rom his pocket. And his eyes. There was something behind his eyes that seemed to draw her in. Something cold, but inviting.

She shook her head, and looked down at her back, and again around at the shack. There was room for a little more. Again she went into the room with the cots, and searched undernead both matresses. Under hers she pulled out a small tattered leatherbound journal and charcoal pencil. From the other she pulled out a worn blue book. Packing these, everything she needed was ready to go.

Eruraina just had one more thing to do. She pulled on her coat and went out into the cold night, her breath turning to fog infront of her as she stepped out. She went in the back to find Lady, and put on her rope halter. The nearest house was 300 yards away, and there she knocked on the door. After a few words she left Lady in the care of a family with a little girl who Eruraina was sure would take care of the old mare since Isaac said he'd get her another horse.

When she was back at her home, she made sure to double check and make sure she had everything. And now the fire was dying to coals, so she put on a few more logs and went and laid on her cot, hoping to get a few hours rest and rise just before dawn to meet Isaac.

"Am I doing the right thing?" she asked aloud as she staired at the ceiling before turning over and closing her eyes...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:12 pm

I've opened my eyes

As he finished packing he then went back into the shop, and bought two saddles and mounted both the horses with them. Mandarb didn't even flinch when he put it on, however Stella, she moved and trotted so it took him a few minutes to actually get it on her. After that, he packed up what he had gathered and mounted them onto the horses. His horse had much more on it since Eruraina had not placed her items onto her horse yet. On each was a standard bedroll, which laid behind each of the saddles. He rubbed his horses nose and gathered them both before making his way back to the Staff and Song and placing them in their stalls. He gave the stable boy a few coin as an extra incentive to not allow anything to happen to these horses. The boy grinned and nodded acknowledging what he had to do.

It was already late, he could maybe acquire a couple hours of sleep he thought as he entered the building. He produced a key from inside his jacket and moved upstairs opening the final door in the hallway, a personal room he had for when he was in Wyrnos. He moved inside, shed his coat, fire already brewing in the hearth and fell into the bed. Falling asleep quickly.

. . .

In his mind he slept peacefully, until a dark voice began to speak to him in his dream. It was in a tongue he could not recognize. Suddenly the voice spoke plainly. "I'm coming for you!"

. . .

He sat bolt upright, sweat coating his skin as he stood up and ran his hands through his hair. He moved to a small washbasin at the corner of the room and splashed himself with some water. Using a towel there to dry. He sighed and stood up. He would not be able to fall back asleep any time soon so he decided to just get ready. He went downstairs, the cooks were just beginning their meals, meaning dawn was about 30 minutes away. He got a hot-cake and some porridge from the cooks while it was still hot and went outside, the sun still not visible but for a tiny glow of light on the horizon.

He mounted Mandarb in the stall and took Stella by the reins, their steel shoes clacked against the cobblestone beneath the snow on the street quietly as he walked the two horses to the gate. With his hood raised in that burgundy color again and his eyes set ahead he waited for his companion in silence. The horses remained still except for the occasional blowing of air.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:03 pm

That night Eruraina slept a restless dreamless sleep, and awoke drowsy and on edge. For awhile she sat on the edge of her bed, asking herself yet again what she was doing. Before she could give herself and answer she checked her gear, and ate a quick cold breakfast of a pastry and a sliver of meat she had pre-cooked for traveling. There was plenty of time yet before dawn, because it was still dark outside, though the stars were starting to fade.

Quickly she pulled on her coat, scarf, gloves, vambraces, boots and cloak and adjusted them until they set comfortable on her slender form. Then she swung her quiver over her shoulder along with her bow, and made sure to grab a package of extra arrows, and strapped on her belt with her hunting knife. Again she checked to make sure she had everything, and picked up her pack. All this she had done in the light of her fire that was nothing more than softly glowing coals that would soon die to a pile of ash.

Standing at the door, she took one more glance around the old shack, and stepped out, closing the door silently behind her. The chill air flooded over her, waking her up the rest of the way and making her alert. Her elven ears started picking up the sounds of the wilderness starting to wake up as well. With a solemn expression she walked up to the great pine tree next to her house, and put her hand against its hard trunk. Quietly she said a prayer to the gods and goddesses as she always did before a trip. After a moment of silent Eruraina walked away from her home, never looking back as the first light came into the sky making briliant colors in the clouds.

It was mearly minutes till dawn when Eruraina made it to the gate and spotted Isaac already mounted and ready with another horse beside him. It wasn't hard to spot him since there very few people about this early, at least on this side of town.
"Morning, though I can't say it's good or not," the elf spoke as she walked up to Isaac. She glanced at the grey mare beside him. "Is this the horse for me?"
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:36 pm

I've opened my eyes

He waited in the chill of dawn for his companion. Deep in thought, the sudden noise of another set of feet approaching awoke him from his thoughts, and he quickly refreshed himself. "Is this the horse for me?" Her voice chimed, and he nodded, still tired and not exactly the most warming person in the morning. He adjusted his cloak and pants. "Her name is Stella. We ride for Sivanas. Where we'll take ferry to Adliet and then ride to Anahera. I estimate three days ride. And one on the ferry if we do not linger too long. Are you sure you want to leave?" he asked, now directing his eyes towards her. This was it. Your either in or your out. He looked at her with the cool certainty that she would come. Yet kept his mind open in case she didn't.

Once she had answered, he pressed his heels lightly into the sides of Mandarb. The horse began at a modest trot, much faster then any human could run but still an easy pace for the war horse. He took careful note of his horse. It had much to learn, it had been trained to ride, pull, or run. Not to fight. A horse was a weapon too however, and Isaac was not about to allow himself to be placed on a horse that reared when his opponents horse charged. He needed an animal that charged head-first. The runner Eruraina sat atop of, was a much different story. It was built for speed. Which was good, there are things that a horse is good for, and that they are not. A horse with speed generally stands firmer then those without, since speed is one of the only ways horses determine each others strength.

He looked ahead at the snow. As they traveled south it would become warmer, but not much, maybe 5 degrees at best. Once they crossed the sea however a good 15 degree increase could be expected. This was something that Isaac did look forward to. He had had about enough of Wyrnos autumn. They had a long ride ahead of them.

[[Topic Will end after your post]]

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:22 am

((To be moved or continued on a different thread or...?))

Eruraina examined the mare a little closer. She didn't know horses, but even to her untrained eyes it looked fit for travel.
"I've already said my good-byes. There is nothing left for me here now," she said without hesitation, as she attached her baggage to Stella's saddle. From the short walk in town all of Eruraina's uncertainty had diminished and she made up her mind and no longer questioned it. Now curiosity peaked, and she wondered what the rest of the world was like. A restless soul that had forever been caged by the desolate wasteland of Wrynos was now being set free. Freed through an unexpected meeting. And now she wondered what her life held for her, because all she had known was the wilderness.

When she finnished with the final strap she mounted the mare. For a second she sat unbalanced and shakey, but after a moment settled into the saddle and picked up the reins. Her father had taught her to ride when Lady was younger, but it had been many years since that old mare had been fit to be ridden, and the power now under Eruraina was unfamiliar to the elf.

Finally she grew used to the saddle as they walked out of Daina. She allowed Stella to stay beside and slightly behind Isaac's horse. It didn't seem like long before they were out of site of the city. And Eruraina hadn't even looked back once...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just North of Daina
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Sky :: Aleha :: Wrynos :: Chatzel Mountains-
Jump to: