One Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «

Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris

One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011

Just North of Daina

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Warrior
Title: Hunter

Just North of Daina Empty
PostSubject: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:49 pm

For what seemed like the tenth time in the last few steps Eruraina stooped down to examine the snowy ground. The snow was falling heavily on these foothills of the mountains, making it difficult to track. Difficult, not impossible. Staying stooped now, she continued on slowly, making sure each step was silent. It was easy in the snow, so she did not have to use her Silent Step ability.

Since dawn she had been tracking a big buck that had a limp in it's right hind leg, slowing it down. But when she had discovered the tracks, the deer was a few hours ahead. Now as she walked the tracks were getting fresher and fresher, and she could tell the limp was becoming worse. The cold was making a bad leg become stiff, letting Eruraina catch up.

The sun was at it's highest, yet it was still cold as a chill wind blew from the north, but the elf was accustomed to the cold. Her breath was white as it came from her nose and mouth, like smoke from a dragon's nostrils. Her furline cloak and winter garmets kept her plenty warm, especially when there was a break in the clouds and the sun could cast some of it's warmth. But it did not do so now. Dark clouds covered the sky, dropping flurries of snow toward the already white landscape.

Eruraina became completely still when her elven ears heard movement in the brush ahead of her. She looked closely around her, and thought she saw the shape of a deer infront of her.
"Eagle Eyes," she whispered, inaudible save to herself. Her eyes turned blue, and her vision sharper. She kept her eyes in the direction she thought she had seen the deer. And when the technique kicked in, she saw it clearing against the trunk of a maple tree.

The elf raised her bow, having already had an arrow ready. She pulled back, looked down the arrow shaft and shot. But before she released and sound to her right spooked the deer, and it ran off with a limp, causing the arrow to embed itself in the tree where the deer had been standing. Eruraina quickly drew another arrow from her quiver, and turned to face the sound, her eyes turning back to the usual grey as her technique wore off.

"Who's there?" she asked cautiously, and was answered by a growling. Out of site stalked a great white wolf, followed by many smaller wolves. Eruraina took a few steps back. She knew she could not outrun a pack of wolves, so she hoped they would pass her by if she remained still and go after the deer. But the wolf pack had a better idea. The alpha dog leapt at Eruraina who rolled out of the way just in time, but now found herself surrounded by wolves.

"Stupid," she muttered to herself and drew her hunting knife...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.

Character Profile
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:59 pm

I've opened my eyes
Seen the world for what its worth

The cold was something that had become usual for Isaac. For he had been stuck, wandering the many heights and plains of the great tundra. This vast wasteland had driven him to near the point of total starvation and death. Though so far he had survived, on fish head tea and whatever he could catch, which was very little with such a lack of hunting experience. No better for he, the snow was falling again. His body hugged against his coat, the timeless treading through the snow bringing a sweat to his skin, only to be cooled and freeze to his face.

It would be best to stop for a while and warm, in a small grove of pines, he started a tiny fire and warmed himself. A sudden noise awakened him from his daze into the flame. He stood up and kicked over the fire. It was from below. He moved left, ten paces and reached the edge of a cliff. Below was a warrior laying back in the snow, surrounded by wolves. His instinct kicked in as he jumped the short drop landing between the huntress and the wolves. His technique was already active. His body glowed dark, there was nothing human about him. In the hand where his knife was held was a black smoking blade that was the length of a short sword. His skin became a black smoke, eyes bright red and burning with a fire. His clothes remained normal as he let out a growl. The wolves backed away slowly until Isaac bared his teeth, long penetrating teeth capable of ripping flesh the same black smoke as his skin. His off-hand was open, showing a multitude of clawed fingers reaching 2-5 inches for each claw. The wolves backed away completely.

After they had passed. Isaac turned to face the huntress, his body returning to its normal pale white. His cold blue eyes piercing the day, his Kris slid up his sleeve as he extended his hand to help the elf up. "Your lucky I was around." His voice calm as the moisture from his lungs formed a cloud outside his mouth. "If i hadn't been there, you'd of been eaten alive." he continued, "I don't suppose you know how to get out of here?" He asked, his brow raising. He had been stuck out here for weeks already, he was not prepared to make it months, a guide would be worth much more then any amount of gold at the moment. "I'm Isaac by the way." He said putting on a small smile

Tears rain down from the sky
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:21 pm

If facing a pack of wolves wasn't enough, the shadowy looking figure that dropped down to stand before her, facing the wolves, was enough to make Eruraina fearful of her situation. She watched as the figure scared away the wolves, who decided the wounded deer was a better idea at this point. As they fled, the huntress kept her eyes on what she could only describe as a clothed shadow from her point of view, gripping her knife tightly.

But then it turned to her and the shadows went away, revealing in it's place an elf. Eruraina let out a sigh of relief. She accepted the hand offered her and stood up nimbly. As she did so she couldn't help but notice his peircing blue eyes.
"Thank you," she said numbly, placing her hunting knife in it's sheath at her hip. "A way out?" Eruraina raised an eyebrow at the question. Was this man lost? "I know this area well since I hunt here quite a bit. So yes, I do know a "way out of here" as you put it." Now she couldn't help but give a shy smile. Though she still felt her nerves on end from the close encounter.

"I'm Eruraina, but often called Raina," usually she would have held out a hand to shake, but this didn't seem like a good time for such introductions, especially since she was sure that her hands would be a bit shakey at the moment...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:02 pm

I've opened my eyes

Isaac smiled, "No need for thanks. Just doing what i can." She seemed confused by the question, most would since most anyone with a brain would simply follow their way back out from where they came if they got lost. Its not that simple when you are running from a flying demon with the only the feeling of hate towards yourself. Her answer caused him to grin. "Thank the light. I've been wandering for weeks..' he said, without realizing it, and embarrassing himself a little with it. He gave a mirthless chuckle to hide his embarrassment.

While speaking with her, his eyes never ceased their analysis of both her and the area around. Who knew if the wolves wouldn't pull back and decide they could stand a chance, it rarely happened but better safe then in the stomach of a wolf. She was a hunter, with some ability in hunting, a wood elf. She had moderate skill in woodland contritions, she was out of her habitat here though, yet she still could prove fatal if crossed wrong. He noticed all of this without blinking, in fact he noticed all of this simply using another one of his many abilities.

"If you don't mind, i believe we should be trying to get out of here as soon as possible. You can lead the way." He said, he was not just worried about the wolves, there were things much more dangerous then wolves lurking the night in Wyrnos. The seals were weakening, he could feel it. A trait long passed down from his clan, he knew not what it meant, only the flickering thought in the back of his head spoke. "danger. Run." His eyes looked over his back. "You're pretty far from home, might I ask why?" he asked, he didn't care if she didn't tell him. He knew what life was like. Sometimes you have to do things that aren't right to live. He understood that.

"Perhaps we should hurry." He said. The Draghkar had picked up on him again. Its thousand yard gaze could pierce him from so far away. He could feel it, it was only a few miles back now. The stark look on his face conveyed worry to anyone looking at him. His eyes watched their back and above. The fear held a dampness in the air around the two.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:35 pm

"I still owe you, but you have already given me a way to repay you," her smile was replaced by seriousness. To Raina debts were taken seriously. She made sure to always repay those she owed, and gave ways for other to pay her back if every they were indebted to her. But then, she couldn't help but raise an eyebrow to Isaac's comment about wandering for weeks. She couldn't help but wonder what put him in such a circumstance, because surely people didn't wander out into the wilderness just to become lost for a long time. At least not in this harsh and desolate landscape.

"I suppose we should leave. I would prefer not to run into those wolves again," but Raina felt in no hurry to go. Her eyes went to linger on her arrow halfway through the tree and frowned. Honestly she would have prefered to hunt longer. So far this trip had been fruitless as game seemed sparce in this area because some of the herds were already on the move to go to their winter grounds. And a wolf pelt would have sold nicely at market, especially that of the white alpha. But there was a note of impatience in the man's voice, and now the huntress realized he seemed wary of the direction he had appeared from, particularly the sky in that direction.

But through her head went the random thought that she would never get that arrow out of that tree, and that it was yet another arrow lost.

All these thought went through her mind in a moment and the frown turned to a stern line. "This way then," she said, striding off in the direction she had come. A shiver ran up her spine and she pulled her fur-line coat tighter around her body, and readjusted the scarf around her neck. Then she realized he had asked her a question, and suddenly felt awkward since she had spaced out a bit when he had asked it. It was a little late but she answered anyway. "If by home you mean the homeland of the elves, I have never been there. These mountains are my home," an image of the great tree that stood by her shack flashed through her mind. "And yourself?"

The damp chill went through her body once again, and she wondered if it was just from the cold, or if it was something else...

(I so had a better post than this typed out... and I was just about to press send when my computer went haywire and apparently suddenly caught a virus so I had to get on my moms computer and retype the best I could in order to post.)
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:54 pm

I've opened my eyes

He nodded acknowledging the fact that his deed had been paid for by showing the way back out. He began following her as she lead the way, following not far behind. He saw her shiver, and his body tensed up. He licked his lips as they had become chapped, and his eyes darted around. Could she feel it too? He asked himself, no that was impossible. His fingers relaxed and he kept his eyes on the woman in front of him. He wished no harm on the elf, so that meant the sooner they were out of here, the better. He had a nack for bringing danger about him. Best to get away as soon as possible.

She began explaining herself, as to why she was not home. And he rose a brow. "Ah, born and raised in the waste. Thats good, teaches you some skills that most don't learn." He wasn't really interested, but smalltalk would make the journey faster, as long as they were moving he was pleased. She then asked him the question. His face became glum with the question. "Me and elves don't mingle much." He began, he was sure if they were in town together long she would understand. Most noticed his abnormal skin tone and questioned it, it was paler then most elves. A stark white, almost luminescent. There was a reason for it. "I'm the reason my whole clan is dead." he said, a monotonous thousand yard stare on his face as he looked ahead.

"So i'm stuck here too. You should leave if you have the chance." he suggested. His reasoning for it was much more then one. Besides the fact that there are very few people here, and the few that are, are not the most entertaining or friendly individuals. There are also a multitude of creatures that are deadly in their own ways that are much more numerous here then on the mainlands. The possibility of death from wild animal attack was probably increased 15% just by living on this island. And that wasn't all, the dark was rising out of the mountains again. Blood has been spilled one too many times. Town watchmen have become wary of screams in the night, their brothers mutilated without making a noise, while others screaming at shadows.

There was a chill in the air. And Isaac could feel it. A breath escaped his lips again as shadowy figures moved along the trees. "Stay away from the tree's." He cautioned. It looked as if the very trees were moving, and.. well they were. Creatures that can't see and can't move further then their roots travel below ground, but a force to be reckoned with up close. "And don't stop." He said as he began to pick up the pace, his silvery kris shimmering in his hand once again.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Eruraina kept going as they spoke, her steps light and almost delicate. She was too used to stalking while moving through either the groves of trees or open tundras to trudge through the snow even though there was no reason to step light. When Isaac mentioned his dead clan, the huntress hesitated a moment. The first thought that came to mind was that he had killed his clan. But he seemed to be running, she told herself, so maybe he was a last survivor of a disastor? This as well, is none of my business, she thought, and picked up her pace a little.

The mention of leaving put a knot in Raina's stomach. She wondered what he meant, and realized she wondered about a great deal of things that this man said. "I don't..." she broke off and stopped, staring at the trees to her left. A hunter's natural instincts made the hair on the back of her neck stand straight. She had seen it. The trees. She knew to stay away.

She put a hand on her longbow, and feeling confort from the familiar feel of the woode, continued on with a nod to Isaac telling him she understood. This time she moved faster to keep pace the man beside her did, the snow and years of experience making Eruraina's steps silent as she moved, going almost at a jog.

Another chill went down her spine, starting at the nape of her neck. Snow must've gotten in my jacket when I rolled away from that wolf, she thought. It wouldn't have been the first time something like that had happened...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:15 am

I've opened my eyes

The trees could be one of the most or least deadly things in this wasteland. Some who have not ventured here know not what to expect, and are cut off by a limb of a tree, enclosing around his throat, the young adventurer eaten alive by the forest. However there are many more dangerous things in the wilderness. A twig as most call it, is an insect that resembles a simple twig, its bite is fatal if you do not remove the section of flesh that has bitten. The yellowfly is almost too small to see, but if you leave its egg in your skin, you will lose an arm or leg before it hatches - if it does not kill you. Luckily they were far enough south not to be in danger of these numerous creatures. The Blight's reach can only reach so far. Too many times Isaac has seen the smallest of creatures defeat the largest. Today, he assured himself would not be one of those days.

As they continued, the trees began to fade away. They had reached an opening. They were safe for now. And the extra speed they had picked up would bring them closer to home, faster. Not to mention lose the trail of Isaac's pursuer. He had completely forgotten about it as they moved, and took a moment to glance up to the skies above them, and behind them. The cloud cover was good for the beast, since it could see without its eyes. It could strike without Isaac noticing until its fangs inserted into his flesh. He shivered at the thought and kept his Kris close to hand.

Not long after, a silent trot encroached on the pair. Isaac stopped. His cold blue eyes pierced the foggy and snowy landscape ahead of him. The plain was not one of the most deadly things about. In fact the plains were probably one of the safest regions of the waste, which is why Isaac was interested. A silhouette appeared and Isaac pointed. A deer, singular, with large antlers. A 8 point buck he assumed. He kept his voice low and spoke into her ear. "if you're still interested in getting something. I'd say now is your chance." He whispered. The buck was about 75-80 yards away. He knew not her ability. And decided it would be safe to watch their back while she played with her stick and string.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:19 pm

The shiverings kept coming, and eventually Erurain could feel the snow on the back of her neck melting from her body heat only to freeze from the cold and cause the chill. Another shiver shot down her spine. If she had been on her onw she would have stopped and made a small fire, removed her scarf, and get rid of the wetness. But instead she adjusted her scarf as she walked, causeing a dry warm part of the fabric to be between her neck and the snow. Then she shook her hood and pulled it over her head to keep more cold away and within minutes the shivering stopped. And she did all this while keeping the same silent, brisk pace.

But she stopped when she senced Isaac had beside her, she followed his pointed finger and instantly spotted the buck. From here she couldn't exactly make out how many points the rack had, but it looked good-sized. And the beer itself wasn't what you would call small. She heard his words and nodded, slowly pulling out her bow and nocking an arrow.

The huntress might have tried to take a step forward on her own, but the deer had already spotted them and was standing there snorting, shifting his head to try to get a better look at them. Eruraina activated her technique that was usually used in the groves and trees, but could easily be manipulated to fit the tundra. To the deer the flurries of the tundra blew around Raina until her figure became obscured to the point where it didn't look like there was anything solid anymore.

To an elf or human or the like, it would look like nothing was going on unless they unfocused and watched with their perifrial vision, then maybe they would have seen a ghost of the effect. But Eruraina only needed it to work on wild animals, as she took several steps forward, the snow making her steps silent. When she was within 60 yards of the deer she brought up her bow and drew back. The movement was smooth, and she aimed for only a moment as her heart pounded and a rush filled her ears -for even after all these years buck fever still kicked in the split second before the release, but by now she was accustomed to it- and released.

There was a TWANG, a moment of silence and the deer jumped and pranced away several yards. Eruraina remained still and watched as it stopped, stood for a minutes, and then dropped to the ground. And even then she did not approach it, even though she knew for a face that she had gotten it in the vital organs.

"Thank the gods. I won't be going home empty handed," she said, and realized she had forgotten the man was with her. She turned to him with a gentle smile. "Good eyes, my friend," she said, and put her bow in it's holder on her back. Finally she approached the deer and pulled out her knife...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:46 pm

I've opened my eyes

Isaac stood silently as the elf moved to make her kill. He had noticed her shivering, hopefully the thrill of the hunt would warm her, if not he could spare some of his clothing. He had grown used to the freezing temperatures here. As she drew arrow he closed his eyes, it was bad luck to watch a hunter make their shot. Instead he visualized the shot in his head, the full weight of the bow being drawn back slowly and silently until the fateful snap. The arrow leaving the shaft as sparks of moisture blast off of the tightly drawn string. Flying through the air straight and true until impaling the flesh of the deer, bending almost to the point of breaking as the buck reared and twisted before finally collapsing. Opening his eyes, the buck collapsed and Eruraina moved to stand over it knife in hand. He moved at a trot over to her and stood beside her. "Well done, lets make this quick though." He said smiling, glancing over his shoulder. The time lost for killing would have to be made up soon or they would be caught.

Isaac stood tall, wind blowing in his face a little as he glanced around. His eyes analyzing the area around them. In the direction they were heading mainly he would be relieved to see the smoke of houses but there was nothing there. He sighed and moisture escaped his lips as he thought about a warm bed and a fire. Dazing out for a moment until Eruraina had finished her duties. He pulled his hands out of his pockets rubbed them together and began moving. His body stiff from standing still for so long. "Lets be on our way then?" he asked, wondering if that was all she needed.

As they began moving Isaac couldn't help but notice someone in the snow near them. His eyes focused on her. This would be completely odd to Eruraina since in reality there was nothing there. He stopped. "Ilyena?" He asked the air. Above him a creature flew high above, where the two could not see. "Ilyena?!" he shouted now, running in that direction. As he moved to about 5 feet in front of her. The Draghkar dropped in.

The beast stood before him claws inches from Ilyena's flesh, if he were to move any closer, he would surely impale her. The beast would look much like an ordinary man, despite his large leathery wings and large black eyes. Its fingers were long and much more bony becoming claws at the last 3 inches. He had one choice to rescue her. A voice in his head murmured, No, not Balefire, threatens the fabric of the pattern. 'Not even for Ilyena? I would burn the world and use my soul for tinder to hear her laugh again.' His body turned smoking in an instant as he lept towards the Draghkar, growling. It pierced through the image of Ilyena and she faded into nothing. "NO!" He growled, everything became a blur as he and the Draghkar went head to head.

Something overcame Isaac, and he began to tear the beasts flesh limb from limb. He did not even know he was doing it. It whimpered and squealed as Isaac continued to pummel and smash it until it was a bloodied pile of flesh in the snow. He fell to his knees and sat in the snow. Body returning to normal. His eyes unfocused as he looked at the mess. Ilyena. His heart burned like fire.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Eruraina took off her goves and vambraces, and pushed her sleeves away from her wrists and quickly went to work with the deer. She took everything she would need and could sell, nothing more. Each peice was places in a special leather sack lined with preservatives. She attacked the sacks to her quiver by secial hooks so she would carry the meat on her back. The antlers she tied in the same manner without a sack. The she scraped a bit of fat from the deer into a small container she pulled out from a pocket before replacing he pocket back in her pocket. All this she did with quick skill and ease in a matter of minutes.

When she was done she stood and replaced her gloces and vambraces. The body heat of the deer had warmed her as she had worked. And the extra weight of the peices of deer didn't way her down at all. The huntress's body was used to the access weight.

When Isaac stopped and started calling out someone's name, Eruraina turned towad him completely surprised. She watched as he took a few steps toward empty nothingness as if someone was there, and he called the same name again. "Isaac?" she asked cautiously. He started running, and she followed, stopping a dozen feet behind him. "Isaac, there's no one there..."

She stoppd when the draghkar landed infront of Isaac. For a second she froze in fear, then instinct kicked in and she pulled out her bow and knocked an arrow. She aimed and fired and hit the draghkar in the shoulder. But before she could get another arrow from her quiver Isaac turned into the shadow she had first seen when he appeared and tore the draghkar to shreds.

Cautiously she walked up to Isaac who had reverted to his normal form and stayed kneeling in the snow infront of the mess that had once been a creature. "Isaac..." she spoke again, this time softly. She stopped four feet behind him, her grip tight on her longbow in her hand. She dared not say anything more or touch him after this. She just watched him tear apart a creature that was feared in Wrynos with almost his bear hands...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:08 pm

I've opened my eyes

After a long pause he stood up slowly. Wind whipping at his jacket as he wiped his face of blood and tears. He suffered no injuries despite a few bruises and scratches, the blood was clearly not his. He solemnly turned back and began to head in the original direction they were headed at a walking pace. There was no rush now, he simply needed to walk. I'm sorry Ilyena.. his head shrunk inside its skull. Sick from the sorrow that filled him. There was nothing to say for the time being. He kept his mouth shut and head down, staring at the path in front of him, following the footsteps in the snow from Eruraina's steps.

((Sorry short, didn't know what to say :/))

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:17 am

(It's alright. I'm sorry I've only been able to post once a day. And I have a question... if I wanted to edit my profile to add a picture of my character would you or another mod or the admin be able to do that for me?(Since I noticed I can't edit it))

Eruraina watched him get up and continue walking in the direction they were headed. For a second she watched after him unmoving, still in shock and confusion. When he had turned and headed the other day she had seen the look in his peircing blue eyes. She had seen pain and sadness.

"Wait!" she called, and ran after him. She caught up in a few steps and grabbed his shoulder, stopping him. "What just happened? I've never heard of anyone rip apart a draghkar before, ever. And who is this Ilyena? Does this have something to do with why you've been wandering this wasteland?" she questions spilled out before them. Her eyes had because hard and stubborn. She wanted answers. And she wanted them now...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:26 pm

I've opened my eyes

((Its okay i haven't been much better then you, Yeah just PM one of us and we'll get onto it. I'll finish this post when i get back))

Not long after he had begun his solemn walk back towards the direction they were headed, a voice chimed in. "Wait!" her voice urgent and needy in tone he paused in step and turned to face her. Cold blue eyes staring right through her. As she stopped a few paces behind him. Her voice crisp as day as she continued, "What just happened? I've never heard of anyone rip apart a draghkar before, ever. And who is this Ilyena? Does this have something to do with why you've been wandering this wasteland?" His face became sullen and his looked away. "A trick." He said with a sigh, "The Draghkar tricked me, when my guard was down. He used an image long repressed in my head... Ilyena." His voice trailed off and he swallowed hard.

Her eyes pinpointed on him, like a missile homing into target. He felt the pressure. He exhaled. There was no reason to get worked up about it. "Ilyena, was my first love. My curse passed onto her, and she died, earlier then she should have in childbirth." He said, his eyes looking down at his feet. He did his best to avoid her question about the Draghkar. There are somethings better left unsaid. Anger and loss are cruel tools in fighting; these tools are not meant to be used lightly. But they were small compared to the tools he had utilized.

He turned back towards the direction and began walking. He felt no need to hamper their journey any longer. Besides they could walk and talk at the same time, it wasn't that big of a deal. He still held a solemn look on his face. A look that had been wiped clean for so long now returned. There are some things worth fighting for. And he was not afraid to fight them. The way he carried himself, the way people looked and talked to him; it made him seem like he was looking for a fight, that he was looking for death. Something had changed, his walk was solemn. There was a job to be done and he moved to commit the act.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:00 am

(Alright. And I wanted to let you know I can't post right now and I dont know when I'll be able to... Maybe sometime in the next few days. The reason is job hunting is taking up alot of my time, and a horse that my family has been taking care of the last 8 months for a friend just died a few hours ago and that needs taken care of...

Edit: Sorry for the shortness of it...)

Eruraina grew silent as he explained himself at least partly. She caught up and walked beside him, watching Isaac carefully. She saw the sadness and the solemn look in his eyes, and realized these were subjects better left untouched. Though the questions still burned inside her, begging to be asked. But using her self control she managed to keep silent for a time, her eyes gazing to the scenery infront of them thoughtfully.

But finally one of the many questions found its way to her lips and she asked it with a cautious voice.
"Why were you out here wandering out here and why were you being chased by that thing?" she was refering to the draghkar, and knew that he would know what she was talking about...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 pm

I've opened my eyes

His eyes glazed over as they continued, the snow was beginning to clear up. He blinked back to reality as her quiet voice spoke again. His ears listened carefully to each word. He turned to look back at her. "It's chasing me, I now know why. They're going to keep chasing me. I suggest you stay as far away from me as possible when we get back. Unless nearly getting yourself killed is one of your hobbies." He said, his face serious, even though there was a bit of a joke, the look never changed. He looked back at the Draghkar he had slayed. An easy opponent as long as you know they're coming. There will be much worse things out here waiting for me. He said looking around. The thought gave him the shivers. "It pushed me out into the wilderness here, i had a companion.. i don't know what happened to her though.. we got separated. I hope she is alright." He said sighing and looking back down at his feet.

Finally after a while the village finally came into view. Diana. He could tell from even this far. Its architecture and location in the mountainside was obvious. A small smile appeared on his face. "Thank the light.." he whispered to himself. And began trotting towards the village. "Come on, lets go." he said hoping she wouldn't be too tired and be able to keep up as he began to run.

As the two made it to the gates he stuttered to a stop. "With me." He said plainly as he made his way down the streets, which had few pedestrians in it because of the cold weather. Most had bundled up in their homes or the local pub. Besides the few traveling from store to home there was no one. He made his way towards the Staff and Song, an Inn clearly from the noise radiating from it. He entered and the warmth embraced him. He inhaled the smells of the room, from the fire to the cider to the sweaty men and women. His ears fell in love with the sound of the fiddle and the flute of a minstral playing in a corner of the room. And then it hit, the smell of a pie. His stomach growled, and the mistress of the house giggled at him. "What can i get you sir?" Isaac smiled at her, "Tell Pious I'm here." He told her and she blinked, expecting something else entirely.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:54 pm

His answer to her question only seemed to bring more questions, but these she made sure to hold back. Though she did feel a little offended by the quiet joke, knowing he had saved her in a moment where she had nearly gotten killed. "I think I'll keep to that advice," she mumbled under her breath, not a big fan of having close encounters with death. "A companion? Well out in the mountains here you never know what can happen." Raina knew this to be true. Every hunting trip she took was different. Some she encountered more dangers than others. She had met up with other hunters, but this had been the first she had come across someone who had been lost.

When they came to the crest of the next hill, Eruraina paused for a moment and gazed across what could only be called her home town. From here she couldn't see her small shack that lay on the outskirts of the other side of town, but she knew it was there. She also knew there would be no one to welcome her home or a fire already made to warm her up. She would only have herself and a cold fireplace where she would have to light her own fire. These thoughts seemed depressing, but by now Raina had become used to having only herself for company in this desolate and lonely land.

Isaac began running ahead towards the town, and with a longing glance at the town, she went into an easy stride behind him. As always her steps were light and almost silent as she jogged through the snow. When they came to the city gates, she slowed to a walk.
"I'm sure you are no longer in need of my services. Inns and taverns aren't hard to find here," she told Isaac as they walked. She glanced around the few shops, all mostly empty. It was almost dusk and most had gone inside for supper. So most of the shops were already closed. Though there was a butchers next to the Inn that was still opened late. Raina watched Isaac go into the Staff and Song before going into the butcher's shop to see how much she could get for the bits of venicine she had collected from her kill...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 pm

I've opened my eyes

As she began conversing back to him, he looked downwards. "Yeah. I figured about as much. I guess i can't complain much, i told her to follow me." he said looking past the statement. She might have known the terrain better too, so she might already be back home in her bed while he was wandering the wilderness. On the other hand, she could also be very well.. dead. She paused when they crested the next hill and Isaac turned to glance at her, she obviously knew the place well but seemed reluctant to return. He looked back at the town. "Whats wrong?" he asked, examining the village, as if expecting to see something evil lurking the streets, but there was nothing. It obviously had to do something with her own personal self. He said nothing, and simply thought what could have been bothering her, but could not think well enough since he did not know the woman that well.

As they made their way to the gates she piped up again. "Yes, i suppose we should be parting ways for now." he said with a small frown. "Do you live far from here? Perhaps we can meet up in the future." He asked a smile returning to his face. He wouldn't mind company, but at the moment loneliness was the best option. Death walked in his footsteps, and he had no wishes to bring that upon her as well. After she turned into the butcher shop, Isaac shut the door to the Staff and Song.

The man he was looking for, Pious now showed himself. "Isaac, i have not seen you for many winters. What brings you to Daina?" Isaac's solemn frown returned again. "A grave matter." he said opening his hand to reveal a small white stone with a crack beginning to form. His eyes lit up at the sight, "Oh my, lets take this into another room." Pious said a stark look on his face appearing as he led Isaac away from the commotion.

They entered a small room that resembled a study, Pious opened a cupboard and took out two classes and some sort of liquor, Isaac couldn't tell what it was. He raised the glass to ask if he wanted any, Isaac shook his head, Pious shrugged his shoulders and opened the bottle, drinking right from it and placing the cups down. "You know what this means right?" Isaac looked downwards. "yeah.. the second breaking is coming, these people.. they will die." Isaac said quietly, and Pious nodded. "There was a man here, not long ago. Maybe a month or so. He had the same eyes as you. The same! I don't remember his name. But i could tell he knew something. Something is stirring Isaac. Keep your friends close. They will need someone like you soon. Your one of the only ones left. I will send for Sammuel. You go, you know what needs be done." Pious commanded, and downed another large gulp of his liquor. Isaac rose and exited the Staff. A grave look on his face.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:19 am

"Nothing," Eruraina had replied when he asked her what was wrong when they stood at the crest of the hill above Daina. She shoved all thoughts of lonliness from her mind, knowing she was better off that way. Or at least that's what she told herself.

In the town, and before departing from Isaac, she was somewhat startled by his question of where she lived. She had expected once they reached town to part ways with few words and never meet again. But he was suggesting to meet again? She wasn't sure what to think.
"On the eastern edge of town there's a small shack under the shelter of a great pine tree. That's where I live. Maybe we can if ever you need a guide again." And she was gone into the butcher's.

Inside was dark and smelt like raw meat and blood. A small fireplace in the corner of the store front was almost to coals, letting off strange light effects across the room. The butcher, a man with a large girth and a bloody apron around his torso sat on a stool next to a work bench where he tenderized meat. A draft of chill swept into the room when Eruraina walked in, which was alert enough of her entering. He turned with a smile, recognizing her imediatly.
"Well, I didn't expect to see you for awhile," he said. "Got anything for me?"
"My hunting trip was cut unexpectedly short. I only managed one buck, so I don't have much," she said, removing the bags from her back. Together they sorted through the meat. The elf sold the choice cuts to the butcher for a few coins, and kept the peices that wouldn't sell very well for her own meals. When that was done she started to trudge home, her pack lighter, and her purse heavier -if only slightly so...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:25 pm

I've opened my eyes

After exiting the building he looked up and down the streets. It was dark now. He turned his coat inside out, revealing a deep maroon colored jacket, a way to change identity's quickly was this coats purpose. Its feathered hood now tucked inside to keep his ears warm as he pulled the plain maroon hood over his head. He made his way down the street, his feet crunching in the snow beneath him. A strange power lifted him as he walked. But there was a sound beneath his soles, behind him, restless, endless, nagging, and crude. He looked over his shoulder and saw nothing. He knew it was there though. Hiding in the shadows. He made his way across town to the location Eruraina had told him where she lived. The feeling following him as he moved towards her house. He kept his hood up as he reached the doorway. He glanced over looking both ways, a small fire lit inside her home illuminating the area around the house.

He knocked twice and pulled his hood closer around him. He waited for her to answer the door. Time was of the essence now, but he knew what needed be done. His heart pounded as the feeling grew graver behind him. It rasped his soul as he began to tap his foot in anxiety. He blinked his eyes and for a second he could somehow tell the direction the feeling came from, to his left near town in one of the alleyways. The cold outside gave him goosebumps as he rubbed his hands together, his breath cool as it escaped his mouth. His right index finger twitched slightly in the dark.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:09 pm

When Eruraina finally made it to her shack, first thing she did was check the lean-to out back where her horse, Lady, stayed, though there was no door or fence to keep her in the lean-to, the lazy old mare didn't care to go too far from home where there was always a bale or roll of hay, especially when Raina went on hunting trips without her. Hay in this part was expensive since it had to be shipped from southern regions, but it was one of the few things Eruraina had to buy regularly.

And as always the mare stood under the shelter half asleep, not even perking up at the sight of her master. With a small smile and a sigh, the elf finally went intisde her shack where she stuck the meats in a pantry, and hung her coat and cloak on hooks by the door. And soon she had a fire going in the small fireplace as well as a morsel of venicine on a spit cooking over the small dancing flames.

The shack itself was only made up of two rooms. The main room had a table and three chairs with a counter to cook, the fireplace, and an old dusty rocking chair. A curtain in the back was the door to the second room and held only two lumpy cots, one slightly bigger than the other, and a chest for cloths. There were no pictures on the walls. The only thing that gave the small hunter's shack any persionality were the deer antlers that hung everywhere, and on one wall a whole taxadermed deer head with a heafty ten point rack. Eruraina hung the antlers from the deer she caught today on one of the points of the deer head.

She had taken off her gloves, vambraces, and scarf, and let her hair down as it started warming up in the small space, when there was a knock at the door. Eruraina froze, not sure what to make up it, since she never got visitors. Slowly she padded to the door and opened it a crack. At a familiar face, she opened it further, though somewhat shocked at seeing Isaac.
"I didn't expect to see you again so soon," she was aiming for a tone of amusement, but it came out more like uncertainty. There was a moment of awkwardness as Raina had never learned how to be a proper host in her home since she had never had the need before, but quickly regained herself when a gust of air blew some flurries in and she gave a shiver.

"Would you like to come in out of the cold? When the sun goes down the temperature drops greatly, as I'm sure you know," she said, gesturing for Isaac to enter...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:48 pm

I've opened my eyes

As soon as she opened the door his eyes glanced up at her face. He smiled at her uncertainty, and then allowed himself in. He removed his hood. The smile erased from his lips. "Gather your things. You need to leave here." He said sternly. "You have a horse right? Ride. It doesn't matter where. Far from here. Far from Wyrnos." He said, his eyes their stark blue as he spoke, looking her directly in the eyes. "If you have family here. Tell them the same." He said the fire crackling as he finished. The smell of her cooking meat entered his nose and his stomach rumbled slightly. He ignored it.

"The world is about to change for the worst. I cannot explain it to you. I can only tell you this. In a few months time. The world will be a whole new place." he said eyes drifting into the firelight. He reached into his coat pocket, fingering the smooth stone in it, its tiny crack remaining. "I will be leaving too, so you need not worry about me. I'm going to Anahera. You are welcome to come along if you please. I leave at dawn. Meet me at the south gate if you want to come along. Leave nothing you love here, but bring no more then you can carry on your horse, nothing will be here when we return." His voice echoed in the room. A pound came at the door. Isaac motioned her to be quiet. And a sudden darkness enveloped the fire as Isaac clasped his hand. The rooms temperature dropped as Isaac went to the door.

He put his ear to the door and closed his eyes, listening. A deep sound of breathing was heard, rapid and hard. He opened his hand and the fire relived as he opened the door, Pious standing there. Holding the reins of a huge brown stallion. "The horse you summoned." Isaac nodded. "Put it with the other, how did you know i was here?" he asked raising a brow. Pious grinned. "I never lose my talent boy." Pious said almost chuckling and Isaac nodded. "Thank you, leave us." He said, and Pious left, Isaac closed the door. "I warn you, the path i take is dangerous and full of struggle. But it would be better then being alone in the weeks to come." He said sighing. "So will you come?" he asked, his piercing eyes looking at her.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Eruraina stood back as he entered, and closed the door behind him. The latch had just clicked when he turned to her and spoke with urgency. At first Eruraina didn't responde, startled by all that he said. Leave Wrynos? What was he talking about?
"My horse is only a lazy mare that won't go faster than a trot," she said, "I don't have family or friends here. Or at all. Only aquaintances. But, why are you telling me to leave? Can't you give even an idea of whats going on and what you're about?" She glanced at her morsel of meat, and saw that it was done. She should have taken it of the spit then, but at the moment this seemed more important than a small bit of food.

"Leave so soon? After just returning? And what do you mean nothing will be here when we return? Can't you explain even a little?" she asked him, her voice no longer soft or uncertain.

Then there was a knock at the door and Isaac motioned her to be silent. She remained where she was, and didn't say a word as he dimmed the fire with a wave of his hand and opened the door. He exchanged words with a man that was outside with a horse, before shutting the door and turning back to Eruraina, the fire going back to normal.

His words were soft now, or thats how Eruraina preceived them, and his question seemed to peirce her just as much as his blue eyes did.
"To Anahera? I've never been off of Wrynos. All I've known is this cold wasteland..." she faltered and her eyes wandered to the dancing flames on the fire. "Why do you ask me to go with you when I'm just a stranger met on the road only earlier today. Why not find someone more suitable for this danger and struggle you talk about?"

Then another thought accured to her, and she looked back at Isaac, forcing herself to look into those blue eyes. "How do I know what you say is true? That this isn't some ploy to bring me to slavery or the like? I don't mean to sound condesending, but a she-elf alone learns to be cautious," she said, taking a hesitant step back, but managed to keep eye contact with Isaac. "How do I know that you are true?"
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:50 pm

I've opened my eyes

She asked for him to explain more. He could do no such thing. "I cannot explain anything. I only know what is in my head and my heart. And this." He said, pulling out the small stone with the tiny crack in it. "This was a parting gift, from my father before he died like the others.. because of me. I do not know its purpose but all my life it has remained unscathed. I tried to break it even.. Took a hammer and it didn't even crack. Now suddenly this appears. It is a dark sign. Haven't you noticed how restless the island has been lately? The wolves more hostile, the waste.. its moving closer to the cities." he said, hoping she would have noticed to, if she lived her whole life there. "I know its true." he urged, his voice becoming desperate.

"I have no wish for you to become my slave. Or any sort of thing like that." he said offended at the thought of her thinking him that sort of man. "I have not many friends here. And i'd like to think you are one. I'm doing this to protect you!" his voice urging again, as he rose his fist and a bit of black smoke erupted from his nose. He looked away. I would not mind you in my head. A voice spoke inside Isaac's head. One he had never heard before. If you were not so clearly mad. Isaac's eyes opened a little and he became confused. Who are you!? He thought to himself, the voice laughed and became nothing. Who are you!?? he asked again inside his head. The voice became silent. His facial expression went back to neutral. Ignoring what had just happened within the confides of his own mind.. what was that.. he asked himself.

Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Eruraina listened as he explained about the pebble he pulled out of his pocket. She examined it from where she stood, then looked back up at Isaac, all the questions sedated for the moment. She had felt to wild closing in closer to civilization, and her experience and the reason she met Isaac earlier that day -had it only be a day?- proved what he said about the wolves was true. And she realized all the herds seemed to be moving on away from the area earlier than usual. In that moment she had made her decision.

"I have no wish for you to become my slave. Or any sort of thing like that," his words made her look away.
"I'm sorry to jump to that, but like I said, I have learned to be cautious, living alone," she glanced back up at him.
"I have not many friends here. And I'd like to think you are one. I'm doing this to protect you!" She felt complete surprise, and looked in his eyes. It was hard because she saw what she thought to be many mixed emotions in them, but they looked truthful. But she turned her head away when he raised a fist, nose smoking, and dared to glance up again to see he had turned away.

She stood for a moment, suddenly torn, and glanced around the building they stood in. All her life she had lived in that house, if you could call it that. It had been her home. And when her only family died, she had not changed a thing about it. She still slept on the smaller cot, and left her parents' cot untouched. The numerouse antlers gathered dust, the hunting stories behind them long forgotten. Even the deer head was only a relic from happier days long passed that would never come back.

Eruraina looked back at Isaac, his face turning near emotionless again as if water had drenched a sudden and brief fire inside him. Without a word she finally went over to the fire and removed the meat and set it on a platter from the counter. The elf set the plate down on the table, and turned back to Isaac.

"I believe you," she said softly, hesitantly, "and I'll go with you. I have a few things I must pack before dawn, then. But only a few. But my mare, Lady, is old and near the end of her days as is. She wouldn't survive a treck to the southern shores of Wrynos. I won't be able to sell her for anything, but I might be able to find something else before morning..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just North of Daina   Just North of Daina I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just North of Daina
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Sky :: Aleha :: Wrynos :: Chatzel Mountains-
Jump to: