One Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «

Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris

One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011

Wise Women are weird [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kibaka
Kibaka

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Savant
Title: Apprentice to the Wise Woman Sara

Wise Women are weird [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Wise Women are weird [Private]   Wise Women are weird [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Danyl sighed. It had been a tiring day, and his mistress Sara had been working him like a horse. Today he was meant to be manipulating glass to protect him from Earth element attacks. At first it was okay, Sara had a friend of hers throw mud projectiles with magic. Simple. Next thing he knew, Sara was throwing boulders at him!! The old, frail-looking woman, with a shocking feat of strength, lifted up a boulder as big as a wild boar above her head with one hand and threw it at him! Of course, the glass shield he made smashed when the boulder hit him, and she began shouting the worst obscenities he could imagine at him every time the sheild broke. After that it was more of a 'avoid-the-freaking-huge-boulders-raining from the sky' type excerise.

An hour later, he was told to shift the boulders back to the wall Sara had thrown them from, and she went in to have a cup of tea. Danyl was a young man with considerable strength. Boulders like that should have been a struggle for him, but when he tried to lift the first one, it turned out he couldn't get it off the ground. They were filled with lead! How could she have done that?! he thought angrily I can't even lift these!

And so Danyl spent the next three more hours rolling half of the lead-filled boulders across the uneven ground. By the time he was finished he collapsed on a grassy patch of soil. Still have half to go he thought, groaning aloud. Suddenly a shade fell across his vision, and he looked up to see someone in front of him. The sun was behind them, so he couldn't see who it was. "Hello," he greeted the mysterious person, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Retro Gogo!
Retro Gogo!

Title : Jackie!

Character Profile
Class: Soldier
Title: Page

PostSubject: Re: Wise Women are weird [Private]   Wise Women are weird [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Surprisingly, Jacqueline had been having a slow day. Being a Page usually meant she had things to do, like guide someone around town, errand-running, or whatever fit into that character. However, it was different today. Although, Jacqueline couldn't complain. The weather was warm and sunny, her favorite. It just happened to be her break when she had the sudden desire to go on a nice walk during her favorite type of weather. She strayed away from the busy market, venturing off to the farms and ranches. They were always something appeasing about the landscape there. The trees, the crops, the grass. The smell of wood and some sort of mixture of fruit and juices. She walked along a trail, eating a red apple with her right hand, left hand holding her seven-flanged mace over her shoulder. A few farmers gave the young woman confused or curious glance. Most women did not carry such large weaponry. However, Jacqueline was certainly a woman of weapons. A knife was strapped to her right hip, a pocket knife hidden in her short's pockets, and a small amount of smoke bombs in her small black messenger bag. A woman of weapons, indeed.

Besides the mace being held slung over her shoulder and the knife strapped to her right hip, she was fairly simple looking. Tan skinned, black hair pulled into two low pigtails by red ribbon, brown eyes, heart-shaped face. Even her clothes were simple. A white tank top, jean shorts, and brown sandals. After taking the last bite of her apple and tossing it aside, something grabbed her attention. A young man, collapsed on the soil. With some slight worry, she walked over, examining him with her eyes. However, her worry was soon put to rest when his head popped up, looking at her. "Ha! Oh gosh, I thought you had a stroke and keeled over!" Jacqueline stated, letting out a light laughter. "I'm Jackie." She said while giving him her free hand to shake.

Last edited by Retro Gogo! on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kibaka
Kibaka

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Wise Women are weird [Private]   Wise Women are weird [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Danyl was greeted by a girl. Of course he didn't see the girl. He saw the bloody huge mace that the girl held. It looked bigger considering she was standing above him and he was lying down, but he didn't realise. He shouted suddenly and leapt away from her, grabbing a stick and pointing it up at her like a weapon. Of course only then did he hear her words in his head and work out she didn't want to bash his head in or kill him or both. He stood up suddenly, awkwardly throwing the stick away behind him.

Now the sun wasn't in his eyes, he had a better chance to get a look of the girl, and not just her mace. Her clothes were clean, and smiple. She wore shorts and a tank top. Her hair was free of leaves and her skin was lightly tanned. She also wore a clean red ribbon. She's cute he thought. All this slowly added up to tell him that she was either going to a special occasion, or didn't work on the farms today. If she didn't work here, then she must have been from town (or maybe she finished early, but no one did that) he thought silently.

"Err..Sorry. I'm fine!" he said quickly, feeling eager to change the subject. He flashed her another smile. "But er...thanks for asking, I'm Danyl. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Retro Gogo!
Retro Gogo!

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Wise Women are weird [Private]   Wise Women are weird [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Jacqueline immediately withdrew her hand and stared at the boy with enlarged brown eyes. She watched in startlement and amusement as he jumped back, grabbing a stick. He gripped it as if it were a weapon. She knocked her head back and laughed a little louder than before. Something must have kicked in and computed, because he soon tossed in aside. "For some one who looked as if you killed over from exhaustion, you sure are quite jumpy!" she said, covering her mouth with her free hand, letting out muffled giggles. He had still not said anything. Her giggling had died down moments ago, now leaving nothing but silence. She watched him, wondering what he was thinking. Why wasn't he speaking? Was his head not in full gear? Jacqueline's mouth opened to converse, but she quickly closed it, eyes sparking with interest, realizing he was finally speaking.

She returned an equally wide smiled on the outside, but was pointing and laughing at the boy on the inside. "Nice to meet you, Danyl. You must have not heard me when you squealed and jumped away, I'm Jackie!" she said, nodding her head in approval of her own name. "You live around here? I'm a Page, so I live in the city. It's so nice here, though. I love the scenery. You have any lakes nearby? I really like to swim." Jacqueline added onto the conversation while looking around the area. She inhaled the smell of hay and wood. Was a hint of apple in that? It smelt like it. Some of the farmers prolonged their glances at the two of them, but quickly looked away after realizing she had seen them. They went back to whatever farm work they had been doing.

A warm breeze blew by, gently shaking some of the tree's leaves, the tall grass, and Jacqueline's hair. She let out a relaxed sigh and decided to recline herself on the fence. She carefully moved her mace off of her shoulder and onto the ground, holding the top of it's handle as if it were a cane. Her legs crossed and she awaited patiently for Danyl to speak again with an amused look in her brown eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kibaka
Kibaka

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Wise Women are weird [Private]   Wise Women are weird [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:10 pm

"Nice to meet you too Jackie! In my defense your bloody big mace gave me a heart attack! No one carries weapons round here while Sara's home, but you obvioulsy wouldn't know that, being from town and all." he said, chuckling. He could see a couple of farmers who worked for her looking at the girl nervously, probably afraid that she was here to challenge Sara. Sara was a powerful woman and the next person who callenged her would probably end up with the degrading job of mucking out the alpaca pens and stables, since the last challenger who did it died while working when a horse kicked him in the head. No one liked him, but everyone was expected at his funeral. Danyl remembered the funeral quite well, because that funeral was the one that had a bird fly into a tree and poop on the grave while it was lowered down. No one was laughing but it sure seemed like the bird was. But that was another story...

The girl, Jackie, seemed to be enjoying herself. Truthfully it was a nice day, and the apples had just blossomed. He breathed in their scent as they spoke, and a breeze cooled him down after all that work. A couple of blackbirds were singing to each other in the tree above them. For once, everything seemed normal on Sara's Farm. "There's no good swimming lakes this side of Juris, but when we were kids, some of us used to swim in the river. It's too small now. I actually was gonna leave for the market, but if you want you can come see my garden? I grow roses and apples and there's a pond fountain thing with fish in it." he said, phrasing his words like a question. He hadn't talked to anyone interesting in a while, and this girl was definitely interesting. It wasn't just that she walked around with a mace and was from town, but she seemed nice. Meeting new people (who weren't twats) was always a nice experience for Danyl...

"You coming?" he asked, moving towards the grand, almost castle-like house behind them.
Back to top Go down
Retro Gogo!
Retro Gogo!

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Wise Women are weird [Private]   Wise Women are weird [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:46 pm

'Well, look how fast he opened up!' she thought, drumming her fingers over the top of her mace's handle. Jacqueline let out a few quiet giggles along with the boy's chuckles. She hadn't even thought of the possibility that her weapon would scare anyone, a mistake on her part. She had grown up surrounded by them. It was kinda hard not to, being her father was a blacksmith and all. Jacqueline was almost tempted to question Danyl about this woman called 'Sara', though for the sake of not sounding too invading, she held off. A cool breeze blew by, which was no doubt relieving for the was-collapsed boy. Hell, it was even relieving to her and she hadn't even done much work today. Jacqueline gently snapped out of her train of thought, ears perking up at the sound of Danyl's voice, again.

"Oh, I love gardens. In fact, I'll go on walks just to look around outside, sometimes for hours." she said, smiling at the thought of all the wonderful things she had seen on all those wonderfully delightful walks. "Yeah, I'm coming! Defiantly!" with a cheerful voice, she picked up her mace with little effort and swung it over her right shoulder, holding it firmly while stepping closer to the boy and the very delicate and sophisticated home behind him. "Actually, I should probably leave this big thing out here, huh? It's a little dirty and you wouldn't know how bad I would feel if I broke something!" she said, taking the weapon and resting it gently against the home's walls, very close to the front door.

Then, out of habit of always being barefoot in her own home, she began to take her sandals off. It was an easy task, for she simply slid her feet out of them and set them by her weapon. Jacqueline then placed her hands on her hips and flashed Danyl a smile. "Lead the way!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wise Women are weird [Private]   Wise Women are weird [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wise Women are weird [Private]
Page 1 of 1